(ECM Solutions Canada Inc, ECM Solutions, ECMSolutions.ca, blog.ecmsolutions.ca)
Effective: January 2016
We do not provide services or sell products to children. If you are below the age of 18, you may use our website only with the permission and active involvement of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a minor under 13, please do not provide us or other website visitors with any personal information.
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Like most places on the Internet, simply by visiting our website you automatically tell us certain information. This includes basic information such as your IP address, when you visited, the website from where you came prior to visiting us, the website where you go when you leave our websites, your computer’s operating system, and the type of web browser that you are using. Our websites automatically records this basic information about you and store it in log files.
We combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to offer special discounts and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by ECM Solutions Canada and our marketing, advertising and support partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by sending an email to privacy [at] ecmsolutions [dot] ca. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We may also collect any data that you provide us by posting it at our websites (through our contact us page) or by e-mail (such as your name and email address). You can always choose not to provide us with information. However, if you do withhold information, we may deny you access to some or all of our website’s services and features.
Any information provided on our website order forms is collected by our payment processing service providers on their servers from Customers who access our site. That information is then shared with ECM Solutions. This information includes ordering information such as shipping and billing names and addresses, phone numbers, email address, and credit card information (See “Orders” below). We use this information primarily to fulfill customer orders and requests. We do not share this information with any third parties. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law or other special cases described below.
ORDERS AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personal information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card information and expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
You may also provide personal information about other people, such as their name and email address. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing your request or for whatever reason it may have been provided.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
We will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to operate our website’s business activities. For example, we may use this data to contact you about changes to our websites, new services, or special offers, resolve disputes, troubleshoot issues, bill you for goods, and enforce our website’s terms and conditions.
As a general rule, we will not share, sell, rent or trade your data with third parties without your permission. However, there are some important exceptions to this rule that are described in the following paragraphs.
We may, in our sole discretion, provide information about you as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site or other government officials for purposes of fraud investigations, alleged intellectual property infringement, or any other suspected illegal activity or matters that may expose us to legal liability.
Although we do not disclose individually identifiable information, we may disclose aggregate data about our website’s visitors to advertisers or other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
From time to time, we may use third party suppliers to provide services on our website such as credit card processing to bill you for goods and shipping companies to fulfill orders. We restrict the way third party suppliers can use your information. They are not allowed to sell or give your information to others. We will share personal information as necessary for that third party to provide that service.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, amend, delete inaccuracies or deactivate it by contacting us at contact [at] ecmsolutions [dot] ca. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at contact [at] ecmsolutions [dot] ca. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may use autoresponders to communicate with you by e-mail. To protect your privacy, we use a verified opt-in system for such communications and you can always opt-out of such communications using the links contained in each autoresponder message. If you have difficulties opting out, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to contact [at] ecmsolutions [dot] ca, or sending us mail to the address listed below.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out from any promotional or marketing emails that we may send you. You may do so by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at contact [at] ecmsolutions [dot] ca.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on order forms that are hosted by our third party service providers, the transmission of that information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Links to Other Sites
Our Web sites contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware, that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every Web site that collects personal information.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at contact [at] ecmsolutions [dot] ca.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
Any questions or concerns about this policy should be brought to our attention by sending an e-mail to contact [at] ecmsolutions [dot] ca and providing us with information relating to your concern.
You may also mail your concerns to us at the following address:
Suite 201, 13025 Yonge St,
Richmond Hill, ON, Canada, L4E 3M7